- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or canola or vegetable oil)
- 1 can curry paste (I like the one that says “Yellow curry paste”)
- 1–1.5 lb chicken breast
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 4–5 small-ish potatoes (I like gold potatoes)
- 3 big carrots
- 1/2 lb fresh green beens
- other vegetables (optional)
- ginger powder (optional; fresh ginger would be better)
- Dice the chicken, potatoes, and carrots.
- Cut the green beans (if they are too long?).
- Heat the coconut oil in a very large pan.
- Add the curry paste and fry for three minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Gradually add the coconut milk.
- Add the potatoes and carrots; wait a few minutes.
- Add the green beans; wait a few minutes.
- Add the other vegetables as appropriate (the idea is to add things so that they all finish cooking at the same time).
- Continue to cook for about 25 minutes (until potatoes are soft).