- 1/4 cup powdered almonds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (Frontier Nutritional Yeast Mini Flakes taste the best)
- 1/12 tsp asafoetida powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sunflower or safflower oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1.25 tsp Bragg liquid aminos (alternatively: soy sauce)
Yields roughly 1 cup.
- Put the dry ingredients into a blender and pulse a few times.
- Add the liquids and blend for 30 seconds.
- Taste and observe the thickness. If it’s too thick, add a small amount of extra water and blend briefly. Repeat if necessary. (Remember that it will thicken with refrigeration.)